Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Great Design & Athletic Wear


     Following my post about design in healthy living & eating, I've been thinking a lot lately about how great some athletic wear is.
I'll be honest, I may have started running because I want to buy some Nikes. Goal: if I can run consistently for a month, I'll permit myself to spend $80+ on sneakers.
By the way, I still don't know if I say it "Nike" or "Nik-ee"
I mean, they're just soooo colorful and fun looking. Is it some ploy to inspire you to want to be active?

     Nike has been known for its great design, even winning awards for Website of the Day and their artistic advertising. It was named the No. 1 Most Innovative Company of 2013.

When I was learning the parallax scrolling effect, Nike was definitely mentioned for starting the trend.

         






     Looking around their site, you definitely find a ton of Bebas Neu type of Sans Serif. It's actually Futura Condensed Extra Bold. I think it's interesting, it's a type of font that's found in a lot of logos.




A board on pinterest featuring popular Nike ads states "Nike has created some of the world's most provocative advertising over the years. At it's best, Nike communication becomes a kind of pop art, touching our culture in a way that other brands can only dream of. Nike is the gold standard for how a brand can communicate with the masses. Inspirational, irreverent and memorable as hell. "

One of my favorite advertisements from Nike was definitely their superbowl ad this year.





Nike is not the only brand that has great design. Athletic wear in general seems to have a common theme: bright and colorful.

Here's a couple cheaper alternatives I really love:


                                                  Top Left / Top Right

                                                  Bottom Left / Bottom Right




No comments:

Post a Comment