Saturday, June 1, 2013

Sierra Cora on DIY High-waisted Shorts



This past week I've been working with Sierra Cora to come up with a cool little lookbook to show you guys one of my favorite trends: DIY high-waisted shorts.

I've been following Sierra for a long time. It's hard not to notice her taste in fashion and the affordable way of going about it.


Styling: Sierra Cora
Photography: Sierra Cora
Model: Rebekah Cora











1) What inspires you the most about thrifting?
Thrifting is not just a one time experience it's a try-every thrift-store-in-your-area kind of experience. Thrifting has really inspired me to think outside of the Box and keep an open mind with Fashion and art in general, because with what I've learned about the art of thrift shopping is that you'll never find exactly what you want, but sometimes you can alter that into something different that you might not have thought about before.
2) What's the best tutorial for DIY high-waisted shorts?
 The best tutorial for DIY High waisted shorts would be, 1 don't give up when there's nothing in the Shorts section, but check the pants section. As long as the pants/shorts work for your upper body type then you can cut them into the length that fits you best. Usually for the style I prefer, I cut it a slight downward angle from the upper outer section pointed down to the inner section.
3)What are your favorite patterns?
My favorite patterns of clothing right now would have to be floral, hawaiian, and stripped prints. I just think that these patterns are a fun and different way to spice up a pair of simple high waisted denim shorts.
4)Do you shop anywhere else besides the thrift store? Any recommends?
I actually rarely shop else where because Of the lack of money, but like most teenage-wanna-be-hipsters, I enjoy the sale rack at Urban Outfitters or H&M.
5)Number one favorite fashion icon?
My all time favorite fashion Icon is, undoubtedly, Marilyn Monroe. She had the perfect classic pin up look and always set the trend.


FOLLOW SIERRA ON INSTAGRAM





No comments:

Post a Comment